Beginning again...

Everytime I start a new project, it feels like beginning a new adventure. You are not always 100% sure of the final outcome, but you are excited to begin. 

I found this gorgeous silky yarn online and at the time I had in mind to make myself a pair of socks. But everytime I looked at it, it kept saying "dolly"! 
It's a lovely, soft yarn, and feels like a bamboo or silk mix, although the wrapper is in Spanish and Chinese. All I can make out is the Spanish for wool...so not sure what it is. The texture lends itself to an item that needs some "flex", so I think it will do for dolly. 
After doing a tiny swatch, to test how it knits up, I began, and so far I've done just a few rounds of the new dolly's foot, and it looks so soft and silky, that I had to post it! 
So now I can't wait to see how she turns out. Of course it's a one-stitch-at-a-time process...making each little part perfectly to make up the whole. Life generally is like that, isn't it? A little today, a little more tomorrow, and before we know it...we are there! It does begin with a vision, though. Nothing is accomplished without a vision. Even though we can't always see the end clearly, we have an idea of what or how it ought to be. Of course, being flexible and able to adjust as circumstances present helps us move forward in every situation.
Sort of reminds me of how God works in our lives to create what He has in mind...a stitch at a time. He's always busy, knitting us together internally, adding here, adjusting there, until He has exactly what He always imagined us to be...a delight to His heart. 
"Your hands made me, and I was formed by You...You clothed me with skin and flesh and knit me together..."  Job 10:8,11  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeing Beauty in the Ordinary Things

Putting on a good face

Twins!