Putting on a good face


All put together, but without a face. Our faces really do tell the story, don't they? Whether we're happy, sad, or upset about something, or whatever we feel... It's painted across the canvas of our faces. Our faces reflect the inner being. 

 
I usually begin by putting in a few well-placed small stitches as markers to position the doll's features.  This is where the magic starts to happen ... what do I want her to look like? I really like to give all my toys a slightly whimsical expression. (I would like them to be comfortable living in Narnia!) I also like them to retain a childlike aspect, and puffy little cheeks help to achieve this look.


Embroidering the eyes, nose and tiny mouth give the final touch...


Before the coloured thread is applied for the mouth...


After ... amazing what a difference one tiny stitch can make!

Wow!  I can see!
All done, except for the hair and of course her outfit. 

  "As in water the face is reflected as a face, so a person’s heart reflects the person."
Proverbs 27:19 


Comments

  1. This is a brilliant idea......I like this. Good for children that suffering express there feelings towards grownups. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's always better to get our feelings out into the light, where God can heal the wounded and bind up the broken hearted.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seeing Beauty in the Ordinary Things

Twins!