When we are all in pieces...

 


I finished all the little parts of the new dolly, and they are ready for assembly. The yarn remained silky and it has turned out well so far. Looking at the pieces laying disjointed and waiting, I am reminded of how we can at times feel just the way the dolly looks now... all in pieces. 


I know the plan I have for all these disjointed pieces. I know how I'm going to bring it all together. The picture of the complete doll is already in my mind and I'm working towards that goal with a sense of purpose and expectancy. God feels the same way about us. He has the plan in mind, and He is going to take all those disjointed pieces and work them together.


I like to hold the right sides together, and then, tiny stitch by tiny stitch, join the seam. This takes time and a lot of patience. And that's what we need when we're all in pieces... patience. God works in His own time because He has the plan and purpose in mind, and it takes a process. "Haste makes waste" is and old adage that rings true still.


Working from the inside out is the only way to do it. When all the pieces are complete, I will turn them right side out, fill them, and then sew them carefully together, limbs to body, until the doll has the shape that I have in mind. We are a very "hands on" project for God, no matter how disjointed we may seem to be. We are in His hands, and He's working all the time on us.


The stitching process on our lives can be painful to us at times, but thinking of the final product... won't it all be worth while?

 "I will give you praise, for I am strangely and delicately formed; your works are great wonders, and of this my soul is fully conscious."  Psalms 139:14 (BBE) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeing Beauty in the Ordinary Things

Putting on a good face

Twins!