Twins!


I have been wanting to design a little baby doll for some time, and have been experimenting with various shaping and design elements. It took a while, but I finally have something that I'm really happy with. So ... welcome Bubbles and Bobbi, the Tiny Toddlers!


They are a lovely size to be able to carry around, or perch on a book shelf, or sit on your favourite fluffy cushion. The pattern is being put into PDF format, so hopefully that will go onto my Ravelry page soon.


The Tiny Toddlers measure around 18cm to 20cm. Their little chubby limbs are all movable, which makes them lovely to play with. I have paid attention to little details, like the tiny ears embroidered on, and the little mouth indentation, which gives them expression. I will be adding little jerseys and shoes and so on to make them dress-upable (is that even a word? You know what I mean!)


Working on little things like these dollies really gets a bit fiddly, but the end result is just so cute, that I enjoy it tremendously. I often think about the Lord and how He perseveres with our fiddly little bits until He has us just right. 



Heirloom Treasures, (my brand), is all about giving something to remember and cherish. Each toy is carefully hand crafted to be unique in its own way. A lot of thought goes into the design, the materials, and the exact way that I want it to turn out. Giving someone a gift that is made with love and care, and time...that's something that can be cherished.


How we need toys that help childrento learn to care, and cherish. Toys that promote a gentle spirit, a quiet soul. I am convinced that children need a cuddly something ... something soft and loveable. I think their characters and personalities are formed very often by what we allow them to experience at a very young age, even through toys. Giving them something that promotes gentleness and carefulness may well have far reaching results.

"But we were gentle among you, like a nursing mother cherishes her own children."

1 Thessalonians 2:7




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeing Beauty in the Ordinary Things

Putting on a good face